Monday, September 28, 2020

Crack Brownies

I have to admit, I don't loooove brownies. I love chocolate, but brownies aren't necessarily my first choice. I was looking for a way to dress up my brownie mix for the football game with family this weekend and stumbled across this recipe from Hello Gorgeous. Even when I made them I was unsure about them-they're surprisingly AMAZING!! Like the texture reminds me of an Andes mint...firm chocolate on the top, gooey cream center, dense chocolate on the bottom...the milk soaks in to the bottom layer and makes it gooey. Anyway, definitely give these a try. They would be so delicious over ice cream!

Ingredients

Family Size Brownie Box Mix-for a 9x13 or 2 to double an 8x8 recipe
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk(My Dollar Tree actually sells half-can size of this)
1/2 bag chocolate chips

Instructions:

Prepare and bake brownies according to instructions on box.

Once baked (toothpick should come out clean!), poke holes throughout baked brownies with a knife. While brownies are hot, pour 1/2 a can of sweetened condensed milk over brownies. Use a spatula to spread milk evenly.

Sprinkle 1/2 a bag of milk chocolate chips on top. (I gently spread the melted chocolate chips to make a smooth top).

Recipe Notes

You can use any combination of brownies and chips that you want. I’ve made several batches now and my favorite combination has been dark chocolate brownies with milk chocolate chips. They melted into the most incredible ooey gooey dessert I’ve ever tasted. Topped with ice cream, they are the closest thing your taste buds will get to heaven.

If you don’t like gooey brownies, then go with a traditional brownie mix (like pictured above) and follow the instructions for cake-like brownies. Personally, I don’t think this version comes anywhere near close to the gooey version, but my hubby prefers this style. To each your own!