Monday, September 28, 2020

Rainbow Fruit Cups


Rainbow DessertRainbow Fruit CupsThis is a great idea from the wonderful My Frugal Adventures that my kids love! We will do this as an after-school snack when they are staaaarrrrvvvviiinnnggg haha or for birthday parties, and I'm planning to bring this as a snack for my daughter's soccer team after their game! (I found plastic cups with the lids on amazon and will just stick a spoon in the straw hole). You can definitely switch up the fruit or the colors even and she gives some tips below. 


layer several kids of fruit into little clear plastic cups.  I found that 3 colors or more is best and you can use any fruit that is in season.  I ran low on fruit and had a few cups that were just raspberries, pineapple and grapes and they still looked great.

A few other suggestions:

  • I used Kiwi to create my green layer and found it didn’t hold up nearly as well as the green grapes (sliced in half).  You might also try Honeydew.
  • Purple grapes would be a great addition if you use honeydew or kiwi for the green layer.
  • I would avoid apples and bananas for the yucky browning factor.
  • I used tangerines for the orange layer but mango would be fantastic as well or cantaloupe.
  • Layer it all at the last minute to keep the colors nice and bright.

I just cut up all the fruit the night before- and for little ones I diced the fruit for small bite size pieces.