Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Bread


This recipe comes from the BELOVED A Whisk & a Prayer. I say "beloved" because I seriously love her after sharing this recipe! It was that good! Seriously the easiest bread I've ever made and tastes amazing. We doubled the recipe so that we could "boo" our neighbors and I very unwillingly handed over that second loaf! Haha! This is one I'm going to make for my freezer, to have on hand!

Ingredients
1-1/3 cup white sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, milk, and oil to flour mixture.Stir until just moistened. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar (you can mix together cinnamon and sugar before hand, I didn't though). Cover with remaining batter.


Top with more cinnamon/sugar if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!