Thursday, March 26, 2009

Effortless Egg Rolls

This is actually my own recipe, I had seen many different egg roll recipes but still wanted to simplify things....Plus as I was getting ready to make them my husband requested a few times that I add more meat and less veggies. So here's the result!
FOLDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE EGG ROLL WRAPPERS
FINISHED PRODUCT--YUM!!
1/2 lb. pork sausage (I actually bought some bratwursts that were on sale and took off the outer covering)
1-2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce (can combine with purple cabbage to get a really pretty color combination)
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
10 egg roll wrappers (these things are amazing!)
*In a large skillet brown sausage. Drain. Add lettuce and carrots and cook a few minutes longer, just until they're soft. Add teriyaki sauce.
*Place 3 Tbsp. filling in center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling; roll up tightly to seal.
*In an electric skillet, heat 3 Tbsp. olive oil to 375 degrees. Brown egg rolls for 3-4 mins on each side, until just golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
***The next morning I used the leftover egg roll wrappers and filled them with scrambled eggs and bits of cooked bacon for some "breakfast rolls". My husband LOVED them and keeps asking me to make them again!