Friday, January 9, 2009

Sarah's BBQ Chicken Pizza

When I saw that my friend, Sarah had this recipe I had to try it because BBQ chicken pizza is my favorite! Pier 49 ain't got nothin' on us! This turned out really good, it's worth a try!
1 Pillsbury classic pizza crust
3/4 cup BBQ sauce (I used Honey flavor)
2 pre-cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped (I boiled them until they were cooked through)
1/2 coarsely chopped green pepper
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
*Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out dough onto greased cookie sheet (I used a Pampered Chef pizza stone). Press to desired thickness, folding the edges in for extra thick crust.
*Bake for 5-8 mins, or until golden brown on top. (No one likes doughy crust!)
*Pull out of oven and spread BBQ sauce over top. Top evenly w/ chicken and veggies. Sprinkle desired amount of cheese.
*Put back in oven and bake until cheese is melted.
YIELD: 12 squares/8 slices