Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mostaccioli Casserole

As you'll see, I changed quite a few things about this recipe but it was still DELISH! My husband had 2 HUGE platefulls and my 10-month-old ate a ton too!
1 pkg (16 oz.) mostaccioli (I used Penne Rigate, I don't think it really matters)
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1-1/4 cups chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped onion (I left this out; no one in our family likes onions)
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted (I accidentally left this out...oops! But it still tasted great, obviously, I'm posting it on here for you!)
1-1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (I didn't have any of this so I used Italian salad dressing)
3/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
*Cook pasta according to pkg directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, ground beef, green pepper, and onion over med heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper.
*Drain pasta. Add pasta and 1-1/2 cups cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining (1/2 cup) cheese.
*Cover and bake at 350 for 20 mins. Uncover; bake 5-10 mins, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.