Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Panera's Potato Soup

I found this recipe on food.com and had to try it! I had a ton of potatoes to eat up and we suddenly are having cold weather, so it sounded perfect. I gotta be honest though; I did change a lot of this recipe, so click the link for the original or follow my version below. You'll be happy, I promise! 

8 cups chicken broth

10 cups peeled, cubed potatoes

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

8 oz. cream cheese

Cheddar Cheese, optional

Cooked bacon, crumbled, optional

Sour cream, optional

Green onions, diced, optional

Directions:

Combine broth, potatoes, and spices in a pot. 

Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender. Smash a few of the potatoes to release their starch for thickening.

Reduce to low heat and add cream cheese. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.

We topped ours with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon. You could also add green onions. Serve with salad and French bread and you've got yourself the perfect winter meal!