Friday, June 20, 2014

Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs

I saw this great idea online a while ago to cut up string cheese and stuff it in meatballs, so I used my original meatball recipe with small changes to come up with these. They are one of our favorites! They were gone so quick the other night that I snapped this photo of the very last meatball, without even any sauce on it! I'll try and get a better picture soon! I made up a batch of these for each person in our freezer meal exchange for this month, along with some frozen spaghetti sauce (freeze in a quart-sized Ziploc bag) and a box of spaghetti noodles. If you're wanting to freeze these, I form them into meatballs, put them on a pan lined with wax paper, set in freezer 20 minutes, then transfer to a large Ziploc. Sooo yummy!

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup oats/bread crumbs
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
String Cheese (about 4 sticks per batch), cut up into small squares
*Combine meatball ingredients, minus the cheese, in a bowl with your hands. Form each meatball around a piece of the cheese and place on a greased baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with spaghetti sauce over noodles!