Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Applesauce In the Crockpot

This is such a wonderful way to make your own healthy applesauce! My baby is starting to eat solid foods, so I made up a batch for her today that she can eat off of for the week....that doesn't mean I'll be able to keep the rest of the family from eating it though! We all love it!

Apples--any kind, any amount (I usually use Fuji because they're sweet)
Cinnamon
Brown Sugar (optional--I don't use it if I'm making it for baby)

Peel and core apples, then throw slices or chunks into the crockpot. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar, if you're using. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high 2-4, depending on how many apples you used. (I just check it after a few hours with a fork to see how tender they are). You will LOVE how it makes your house smell while it's cooking!!

Once your apples are nice and tender, you can either mash them right in the crockpot or throw them in a blender and pulse until you reach desired consistency. As you can see, I made them very smooth, but you can leave it a little more chunky if you like. Store in the fridge.