Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pancake Squares

Saw this recipe on Pinterest and just had to try it--here's my problem with pancakes: while I'm pulling them hot off the griddle for everyone else, I have to stand there and finish the batch before I can sit down to eat some. By then, everyone else is done and gone and I'm there eating alone! These are the perfect solution! Thanks, Big Red Kitchen!

3/4 cup milk
2 T. melted butter
1 large egg
1 T. sugar
1 cup flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt

*Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk, butter and egg. Add sugar, then gradually beat the flour in. Carefully stir in the baking powder and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serves 4-6. (I will definitely be doubling this next time, in a 9x13--my kids gobbled it down and there was none left for Dad when he got up)!