Saturday, October 8, 2011

Homemade Butterfingers


I'm sure you've seen this recipe floating around Pinterest lately--I kept seeing it over and over until I finally gave in and made some. Let me tell you, they were definitely worth it! They taste just like the real thing!

1 lb. candy corn
16oz jar peanut butter (about 2 cups)
16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating or milk chocolate chips

*Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals til melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. (At this point, yes, it is supposed to look like throw up). Spread mixture in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment. Cool completely. I refrigerated mine to speed up the process. Cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.