Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crockpot Cheesecake

My cousin put this up on her blog, so naturally, I had to steal it for my recipes! It looks so good and I love utilizing my crock pot however I can. Enjoy!!

Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T brown sugar
- 3 T melted butter

Filling
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature (You can nuke it for 30 seconds to get it soft)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature (Put the eggs in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 t good vanilla
- 1 T flour

Find a heat-resistant dish that will fit into your crockpot for the cheesecake. You are going to create a bain marie, or water bath. I used a 1.5 qt Corning Ware dish and it fit nicely into 6qt oval.

In a plastic zipper bag, beat the graham crackers into crumbs with a rolling pin. Put a cup of the crumbs into a medium bowl, and add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until it's wet and crumby. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the dish you are going to use.

In a separate bowl, cream the cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, cream, and vanilla with a hand-mixer or Kitchen Aid.

Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the bottom of your crockpot. Lower the dish inside, being careful not to slosh water into your cheesecake.

Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Check after 1 hour, just in case. The cheesecake is done when the edges are no longer shiny and have set. Touch lightly to see that you don't get a bunch of stuff on your finger---then you know it's done. My cheesecake wasn't perfectly set in the middle, but I unplugged the crock anyhow.

I cooked it for exactly 2 hours. Let the cheesecake sit in the cooling crockpot for an hour, before removing and transferring to the refrigerator. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before cutting and serving.