Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

I found this recipe over at Sweet Tooth and was so excited! They were perfect "Pinkalicious" cupcakes for my daughter's 3rd birthday! And best of all, they were hands-down the best tasting cupcakes I've ever had, too! They were moist and unique and just plain delicious....Enjoy!

For Pink Lemonade Cake:
1 box white cake mix
3/4 c. frozen pink lemonade concentrate
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
4 egg whites

*Preheat oven to 350 and line 24 muffin tins with liners.
*Combine all ingredients in mixer and begin by mixing on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for another minute.
*Divide batter evenly, filling 24 tins about 2/3 full.
*Bake about 25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool before frosting.

For Pink Lemonade Frosting:
Okay any of you who follow this blog know that I am all about keeping my sanity in the kitchen with two little ones and simplifying where I can. Having said that, the amazing Erica over at Sweet Tooth has a great recipe/tutorial on homemade buttercream frosting for these cupcakes. I did a super easy way that still tasted amazing....You decide which works for you!

1 container fluffy white frosting
2 Tbsp. frozen pink lemonade concentrate
Red and yellow food coloring, if desired

*Blend frosting and lemonade concentrate until extra fluffy. Divide frosting in half and color each--one pink, one yellow. FROST! (I piped yellow in the centers, pink on the outside, but you can also do a two-toned frosting if you want to get fancy!)