Thursday, April 22, 2010

Best Enchiladas Ever!

The other day I was making these and when my husband asked if these were on my blog, I freaked out! I haven't posted this recipe and it's one of our very favorites! I actually don't even have to look up the recipe anymore, I have it memorized. At one point my husband requested that I make it once a week, just for his work lunches ;)

1 lb. ground beef
16 oz. light sour cream
1 can corn, drained
8-8" flour tortillas
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 cans (10 0z. each) enchilada sauce, one mild, one hot

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
*Brown ground beef; drain. Add corn and sour cream; heat through.
*Cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with 1 cup of cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup of beef and corn mixture onto each tortilla, then drizzle a spoonful of the hot enchilada sauce over mixture. Fold tortillas and place them seam-down in baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with rice.
(These are spicy, so I'd recommend using medium enchilada sauce instead of hot, or two milds if you are serving kids or someone who does not like spicy foods).