Friday, April 10, 2009

My New Favorite Soup: Zuppa Tascana

This soup is to DIE FOR! My husband always gets this kind at Olive Garden, so when I found the recipe I was very excited....And the verdict is that this one is WAY better, according to him he could, "eat this stuff all day"! (And he has, the last batch I made only lasted 1 day). I highly recommend trying this out, it's pretty healthy too! I served it with my favorite FRENCH BREAD.
1 lb. Italian sausage
2 large russet potatoes, sliced in half and then sliced into 1/4" thick slices
1 large onion, sliced (I only used about 1/3 of an onion)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2-32 oz. cartons chicken broth (way cheaper if you buy the chicken broth powder/cubes and add to boiling water)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 bunches kale, chopped (This is over by the salad stuff. It looks like a mix of spinach and cilantro. DON'T leave this out though; it's very healthy and has an awesome taste)
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
*Brown sausage in large soup pot. Remove sausage and set aside. To the pot add chicken broth, potatoes, onion, and garlic; bring to a boil.
*Simmer about 20 mins, or until potatoes are tender. Add cream and sausage to pot and heat through. Add kale right before serving. Top with parmesan cheese.