Thursday, January 26, 2023

Crockpot Apple Butter

 

Oh my word this apple butter from Changing my Destiny is sooo incredibly easy, makes your house smell AMAZING, and tastes so great! I tripled my batch, by the way. 

*Makes a little more than 1 pint

INGREDIENTS:

1 dozen apples, peeled, cored, cubed

1/2 Cup Water

1/4 Cup Brown Sugar

1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon All Spice

DIRECTIONS:

Step 1:

Peel, Core, and Chop a dozen apples. I used apples from our trip to the Apple Orchard. I’m no apple expert, but these apples were more dense than the apples I typically buy in the grocery store. The flavor was great, but it took longer to break down in the Crockpot.

Step 2:

Toss the apples in the sugar and spices.

Step 3:

Put everything in the Crockpot, then [say it with me] Set It, and Forget It! I cooked it on Low overnight. After a few more hours on low, I bumped it to high and propped the lid. It cooked down and thickened quite a bit.

Step 4:

I suppose it’s optional, but I decided to blend the butter down smooth. You can eat it right out of the Crockpot, I did. I just took a spoon to the Crockpot and dove in, it was divine. However, for the finished product I wanted it smoother and pulled out my Magic Bullet since I don’t own an immersion blender. Then poured it into clean canning jars.