- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners or lightly grease; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until well-combined. Add the milk, applesauce, and honey; whisk well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry with a spatula until moistened throughout. Fold in blueberries. Scoop batter evenly into muffin wells and bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick is cleanly removed. Allow to cool for several moments in the muffin tin before transferring to a wire baking rack to cool completely.