- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Breasts (approx 6)
- 2 each Eggs
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 1/8 teaspoons Pepper
- 3/4 cups Dry Bread Crumbs, fine
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 32 ounces Tomato Sauce, oz
- 1/4 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (or margarine)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
Directions:Place chicken breasts on cutting board, pound lightly until 1/4 inch thick. Combine lightly beaten eggs, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then bread crumbs. Heat oil in skillet until hot, quickly brown chicken on both sides, remove to shallow baking dishes. Stir in tomato sauce and garlic powder into skillet, heat to boiling. Simmer 10 minutes until thickened. Stir in butter. Pour over chicken, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cover with mozzarella cheese, and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer.
I like to serve this meal over cooked spaghetti noodles.