Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cake Pop Donuts


Did you also buy one of these BabyCakes Cake Pop Makers on Black Friday? I ordered mine through Kohls.com for next to nothing and am so glad I did! This recipe is from Moscato Mom and they are delicious! My kids went nuts over them!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/3 c all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 c sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1/4 c vegetable oil
  • 1/4 c sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Now, I will be honest… as I was making this I was wondering what I got myself into… I can not tell you the last time I put this many ingredients together in ANYTHING… but it was totally worth it!! 
Mix all ingredients and spoon into your Baby Cakes Cake Pop Maker.  Fill each “hole” about half full as the batter will rise.  Bake 4-5 minutes until you can stick the little pitch fork thingie that comes with the maker into the center and it comes out clean.  Pop them out and either roll in powdered sugar or coat in glaze!

Donut Glaze

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 c melted butter
  • 1 1/3 c powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp hot water
Mix melted butter and powdered sugar until well blended.  Stir in vanilla.  Slowly add hot water and keep blending until smooth.