These are really delicious and tasted great right out of the freezer! A perfect dessert/snack!
- For the dough
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan ( 2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour ( spoon flour into a dry-measure cup and level off)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- Position a rack on the lowest level of the oven; preheat to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, then use a little butter to lightly grease the paper.
- For the dough: Combine the 16 tablespoons of butter, the sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer or hand-held electric mixer. Beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture is soft and light. Add the vanilla extract and mix to incorporate.
- Reduce the speed to low, then gradually add 2 1/4 cups of the flour and beat until well incorporated to form a smooth dough. Use a spatula to scrape down the bowl and paddle.