Makes 20 burritos
- 2 pounds ground beef (I used ground turkey and also added a few cups of cooked brown rice and black beans)
- 2 cans re-fried beans
- 2 cans enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup diced onion (you can also use dried or minced onion- I just used a few shakes of dried onions for flavor)
- 1 taco seasoning packet (or 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder, 1 Tablespoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon salt.)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 20 burrito-sized flour tortillas
Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Spoon 1/4-cup of the meat mixture onto a tortilla, sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides in and roll up tightly.
To freeze: Wrap each burrito in a paper towel in a foil square. Put burritos in two airtight ziptop freezer bags and store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
To serve: Pull out desired number of burritos. Remove foil (you can save the foil and reuse it the next time you make brown bag burritos!) and heat a single burrito in the microwave for about a minute or leave the foil on and heat one or more burritos in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.