Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Freezing Spinach

 We have a Costco membership and if you've ever been there, you know everything there is B-I-G! That does include their huge bags of baby spinach! And unless you're feeding an army of spinach-loving men, there's no way anyone could go through that bag in the week or so that it stays fresh. So I've been freezing mine and thought I'd share! :) I usually just blend it up with water in the blender and then freeze in my ice cube trays. Pop out the frozen cubes and put them in a big, labeled Ziploc bag. A cup of spinach is about 3 cubes, just FYI. I just pull out a few at a time to throw into my smoothies. My friend also showed me how she just puts two handfuls in sandwich-sized baggies, squeezes all the air out, and then puts those in the freezer. So whichever way you like best, give it a try! I love the Glowing Green Smoothie the best with spinach!