Wednesday, December 28, 2011

French Silk Pie


My mother-in-law made this pie for Christmas since it's my husband's favorite, and it was the best I've ever had! So I'm sharing with you so you can make it, too!

Oreo pie crust (I used a regular crust--top picture--and liked it even better!)
3 squares unsweetened chocolate--melted and cooled
1 c. butter, room temperature
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs

*Melt chocolate in microwave 30 seconds, stir, then microwave 10 seconds more if needed.
*Beat butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar (about 4 minutes). Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating for 2 minutes on high after each egg. Pour into prepared pie shell. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with whip cream and chocolate curls. (Go HERE for directions on how to make easy chocolate curls).