Monday, November 21, 2011

Best Ever Crock Pot Roast

Photo courtesy of Marie's Cooking Adventures

Okay seriously, this is the best roast I've had, hands-down. I love doing crock pot meals during church because the troops come home famished and I don't have to scramble to fix something. I am pleased and a little embarrassed to say that this whole meal only lasted my family of 4 one meal...My husband ate over half of the roast by himself. We've been married 6 years and I feel like that whole time I've been looking for the perfect roast recipe....he agreed I had finally found it. Anyway, give it a try! Thanks, Marie!

2-5 pound pot roast (any kind)--I used a 3-lb beef rib roast, bone-in, frozen
1 envelope ranch dressing (dried)
1 envelope Italian dressing
1 envelope brown gravy mix
Potatoes and Carrots
1 to 1-1/2 cup water (I actually added about 4 cups of water, just enough to cover the potatoes and carrots)

* If you wanted carrots and potatoes, cut them to your liking and put in the bottom of your CrockPot. Put Roast on top of vegetables. Sprinkle all 3 spice envelopes on top. Add the water. Cook on LOW for 6-10 hours until tender and veggies cooked through. (I cooked on high for about 5 hours, starting with a frozen roast).