Friday, February 18, 2011

Easy OREO Truffles

My friend told me about these and the recipe was so easy I didn't even have to write it down! They are absolutely the best thing ever, too! Go ahead and give them a try!

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 package OREO cookies
8 squares of chocolate almond bark, melted

*Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Crush 20 Oreo cookies in a food processor or by hand. Add to mixer and blend with cream cheese. Scoop mixture into balls of desired size. (I used a cookie dough scoop that is 1.5" across). Dip
Oreo balls into chocolate almond bark. Put on cookie sheet and cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Makes about 20 truffles in the size that I made. I also made these with white chocolate, drizzled with milk chocolate, but my husband ate them all before I could take a picture! He liked those even better though, so you have a couple of variations. Enjoy!