Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Elegant Weeknight Chicken & Asparagus

I have to tell you, I invited my uncle to dinner a few nights ago. After I invited him, the anxiety set in...He is seriously the best cook ever and always makes the fanciest dishes. What the heck was I going to make?? And how embarrassed was I going to be when I served up his plate? Ahhh! Anyway, here's what I made and it was awesome. Super easy, super fast to make, while super healthy--absolutely no stress at all. And I have to report that he loved it! Whew!

1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
1/4 tsp. salt, divided
1/8 tsp. pepper, divided
1/4 c. white wine or chicken broth
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (5 oz. each)
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

*Place asparagus in a greased 11x7" baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. salt and a dash pepper. In a small bowl, combine wine and butter; pour over asparagus.

*Arrange chicken over asparagus; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Voila! Serve with rice and fresh fruit :)