Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Moist & Tender Oven-Baked BBQ Ribs

Pork ribs go on sale A LOT in grocery stores, and anytime my husband goes to the store with me he's on the lookout for some cheapies....I don't really care for ribs so he usually just broils them, nothing fancy. I decided to surprise him by making them a little fancier (but easy as pie), and I actually ate two they were so good!
4-6 boneless beef or pork ribs (cut recipe in half if you only have a couple)
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 (18 oz.) containers BBQ sauce (next time I will do a flavor instead of just original to give it more zing)
Paprika to taste (I put about 1/2 tsp)
*Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Mix salt, sugar, and paprika. Roll each portion of meat in mixture. Place in baking dish with about 1 inch of water (or enough water to go up halfway on ribs).
*Bake for one hour. Remove from oven and turn meat. Bake one hour more. Remove from oven; drain water and add BBQ sauce. Increase heat to 400 degrees and bake 30 more minutes. Remove and serve!