Monday, March 2, 2009

Walnut-Crusted Orange Roughy

Okay my husband is SO not a fish person; steak is his forte, but he ate this up and loved it! I think he had 3 pieces for lunch and even asked me to make it again! So obviously, you don't have to be a "fish person" to enjoy this, and if you are you're in luck. You know when you get home from church and everyone's famished all of a sudden?? This is what I made and it was super quick, great for Sundays :)
4 fresh or frozen orange roughy fillets, thawed (5 oz. each)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
3 Tbsp seasoned bread crumbs (I didn't have any but used crushed corn flakes)
1 Tbsp sesame seeds (I didn't use these)
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
2 Tbsp honey
1-1/2 tsp soy sauce

*Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the walnuts, bread crumbs, sesame seeds, and parsley. Dip fish in FLOUR, EGG, then WALNUT MIXTURE.
*In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (TURN OFTEN).
*In a small bowl, whisk honey and soy sauce; serve with fish. I served this dish with steamed vegetables and brown rice. Yummy!!